In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
Assalamu Alaikum, dear community members. Alhamdulillah, with positive experience from previous Jumu’ah prayers, we plan on continuing our Jumu’ah prayers in four shifts at our regular times (1st shift: 12:10 pm at Parkwood; 2nd shift: 1:10 pm at Parkwood, another 2nd shift: 1:10 pm at Fayetteville St.; 3rd shift: 2:10 pm at Parkwood). However, the capacity will be limited and the social distancing rules will be applied. Please review the followings that apply to each congregant.
- Registration is required and ticket is needed at check-in time
- Please bring your Eventbrite registration confirmation (On your phone or printed) with you to show at the entrance.
- If you are sick or have a fever: please stay at home
- Sisters and children: please pray at home
- Brothers of 65 or older: please pray at home
- Make Wudu at home and Bring your own prayer mat
- Wear a face mask
- Keep a distance of 6 ft from each other
- No hugging or handshaking
Registration opens weekly around noon on Thursdays
Detailed Guidelines for Jumua
- After registration, you will receive an email from Eventbrite with ticket attached. Please bring your registration confirmation (On your phone or printed)
- Prayers are held in the Masjid parking lot or inside the Masjid building depending on weather conditions, but at a limited capacity to allow following social distancing rules.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the shift.
- Prayer services are offered to brothers and praying children over the age of 14 only because of space limitations. Sisters and children under 14 are requested to pray home due to space and logistic constraints.
- The capacity is limited per shift to insure social distancing.
- Community members are requested to register and it is on a first-come, first-served basis. If you arrive after the capacity is reached, you will kindly be asked to leave.
- Pray at home if you have any of the following symptoms: fever, shortness of breath, cough, headache, sore throat, generalized muscle aches, diarrhea, loss of smell or taste.
- Pray at home if you are 65 years of age or older or if you have chronic medical conditions including: diabetes, heart disease, asthma or other chronic lung disease, cancer and currently on chemotherapy, high blood pressure, or if you are on immunosuppressive medications (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/underlying-conditions.html)
- Please, make Wudu at home and bring a FACE MASK and PRAYER RUG with you. Please wear face mask upon arrival to the prayer area.
- Upon arrival, volunteers will direct you to the parking area and may ask you a few screening questions about your health.
- Please, arrive on time for prayer and leave immediately after the end of the prayer service.
- Please, practice social distancing at all time. Always stay at least 6-feet apart from others.
- The prayer place is arranged to insure social distancing. Rows are arranged 6-feet apart and each row will be at every 6 feet. Please pray at the marked locations.
- Please avoid shaking hands and use verbal greetings instead (Assalamualaikum).
- Volunteers are available to help and guide you upon your arrival. Please follow their directions to ensure safe and healthy conditions.
- There will be no access to restrooms.
Your attendance will be taken as an acknowledgement that you are volunteering at your own risk to participate in this congregational prayer and that you will follow the guidance of volunteers or leave if requested to do so or in case there is any perceived risk.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding while we are making these arrangements during these unprecedented times. May Allah make it easy.