A message from the Imam’s office.
Let us try to be a strong Ummah!
The challenges within our families and communities combined with unrest in the political environment, Islamophobia and racism are so big that they cannot be solved by one person or two, they need to be dealt with as a nation, as an Ummah.
It is not easy for us to take care of them without developing a team and group of people who worship together, respect each other, and are glued to each other for the sake of Allah.
We need to work upon developing a strong Ummah, a strong community on the principle of the Quran and Sunnah.
Mentioning the conduct of the believers for each other, Allah says:
وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتُ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَاءُ بَعْضٍ
The believers, men and women, are Auliya’ (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors, guardians) of one another,
يَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَيُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَيُطِيعُونَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ ۚ
They do Amr Bil Maroof and Nahy Anil Munkar, (convince each other to do good and stay away from wrong), they establish the prayer and give the charity and obey Allah and His Messenger.
أُولَٰئِكَ سَيَرْحَمُهُمُ اللَّهُ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ:
On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.
(Al- Quran, Chapter: 9, Verse: 71)
So, the reward is “mercy of Allah” (Subhanahu Wa ta-aala).
Here are a few tips which can help us to be a good team:
- Perform at least one prayer daily in the Masjid and do not miss Friday prayer.
- Develop respect and understanding of the members of the community by trying to know them.
- Greet each other with the Islamic greeting (As-Salamo Alaikum)
- Try to be involved in the community.
- Avoid unnecessary criticism and complaints.
- Be connected to those who are already providing services to the community.
- Don’t let differences in jurisprudence create grudges in your heart for others.
- Pray for the members and their families.
- Appreciate the volunteers by encouraging them.
- Try your best to help others according to your talents and capacity.
The reward for loving and respecting each other for Allah (Sub-hanahu Wa Ta-aala)‘s sake is that we will become beloved to Allah and will gain a place under the throne of Allah (Sub-hanahu Wa Ta-aala) on the day of judgment, and it will enable us to get into the Jannah.
Plus, it helps us to emerge as an understanding and United community.
May Allah help us in this regard and make us a strong one ummah! Ameen.